Following the election of some of its Statutory Committees Chairpersons on February 19, 2015 leaving out the Committees on National Defense and the Committee on Judiciary, the Senate has at long last completed the Leadership structure.
The Election of Grand Cape Mount County Senator Cllr. Varney G. Sherman as Chairman on the Statutory Committee on Judiciary and the Election of Lofa County Senator Stephen J. H. Zargo as Chairman on National Defense has now brought the Leadership of the Senate to a full completion.
Immediately after their elections on white ballot, the two Senators were inducted into office as Chairpersons in their distinguish capacities by the President Pro-Tempore Senator Armah Z. Jallah.
With the full completion of the Leadership, it is now left with the President Pro Tempore in keeping with Rule 15 section 2 of the Senate Standing Rules to appoint the rest of the Standing Committees Chairpersons.
The following distinguish Senators now constitutes full leadership of the Liberian Senate:
1. Senator Armah Zolu Jallah of Gbarpolu County-- President Pro Tempore
2. Senator Geraldine Doe-Sheriff of Montserrado County----Chair on Executive
3. Senator H. Dan Morais of Maryland County----Chair on Foreign Relations
4. Senator Cllr. Varney G. Sherman of Cape Mount County---------- Chair on Judiciary
5. Senator Edward B. Dargoseh of Cape Mount County-----Chair -Ways, Means, Finance and Budget
6. Senator George T. Tengbeh of Lofa County------ Chair-Rule Order & Administration
7. Senator Stephen J.H. Zargo of Lofa County------Chair on National Defense
8. Senator Dr. Peter S. Coleman ----------------Chair on Gender, Health and Social Affairs
9. Senator Thomas S. Grupee of Nimba County----Chair on Internal Affairs